Driving lessons and tests
Stage two of the road to lifting restrictions from 12th April:
- Driving lessons can resume.
- More businesses will open, but indoor settings should be visited alone, or with household groups. Outside, six people or two households can meet.
- All shops allowed to open
- Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open
- Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
- Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres
- Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation
- Weddings attended by up to 15 people can take place
- Funerals be attended by up to 30 people, with 15 at wakes
- Children will be able to attend any indoor children's activity
- Care home visitors will increase to two per resident
Driving Tests in England will resume from 22nd April to allow time for those with rescheduled tests time to practice.